Sunday, April 18, 2010

Building a Windows Home Server, Part 3 (Final part for hardware)

SATA SATA SATA... The card that I bought from Lowyat didn't work when I plugged it in. Seems that I needed to update the firmware before it could boot with a drive attached. DAMN!!!
Following the website's instructions brought me to a dead end, failed all 5 times when I tried to load the new firmware using their own reflash utility. Was looking around Windows Home Server and found that there was a flash utility for the card in the systems device properties page. Crossed my fingers and tried flashing the card again. WOLA!!!! it worked, booted and found the drive and Windows recognizes it... Looks like a RM39 SATA RAID CARD really works...















Now with the new card and 750GB HDD... I have in total... 2.1TB of usable space...



















The project will stop here for the moment. I am almost 95% complete right now and the rest would be applications that I wanna put on the server.

So lets see what is next...

No comments:

Post a Comment