Saturday, July 24, 2010

New Home and upgrade of capacity for my WHS....

My WHS(please refer to my first posting) was running out of space physically and HDD wise. Therefore it's time to shift to a new chassis. I bought a front meshed Cooler Master casing and transplanted all the components over. I also bought 2 units of additional HDD caddies, thought of saving both time and money I ordered them locally thru lelong.com. When it arrived I was shock to find that it wasn't black in color and it was different from my previous one ordered from HK.




























Things that were wrong :-
1.) Color is not black (SHIT)
2.) Power and SATA cable is part of the caddy and cannot be replaced. (MORE SHIT)
3.) When plugged in only SATAI 150Mbps is supported not SATAII. Motherboard just hangs during boot up. (F**KING SHIT)

Well since I have bought it no choice have to use it first, I am planning to change this but laterlar... the caddy only works connected to my SATA PCI card so no choice have to switch the HDDs around.

























































Transparent casing & ample amount of space in the new home. I also upgraded the HDD capacity to :-


750Gb + 1.5Tb + 2Tb = 4.25Tb (WOW....)




















Next up... my gaming rig...

stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment