Sunday, December 18, 2011

My 2nd post for the month... won't be the last, so stay tuned for more. I have been running 2 Wifi Access Points(AP) in the house as the coverage was never good. One AP is located at the lower level and another unit upstairs. I never liked the idea but it provided the best coverage.

Armed with an extension cord and Aztech Homeplug Wireless AP unit, I ran around the house and looked for a good spot where I only need to install one unit of AP. The best area was at the stairs but I did not have any plug points there. All I had was an alarm main unit which is housed in a metal lockable case. 

So today I modified the alarm unit to have a mains extension and installed the Aztech Homeplug Wireless AP. It provided good coverage in the house including the rooms and also the kitchen area. 30 minutes work and I am satisfied... 


Good job!

Still to come... my crazy 11TB Network Attached Storage... 

No comments:

Post a Comment