Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rondo.... Ohhhh.... Rondo.... Car Project Up Next!!!!!

I purchased a Naza Kia Rondo mid last year, I needed a 7 seater with enough space to ferry my 2 monkeys around and for road trips. Up till now the car has gone to Alor Star(family trip of 2 adults and 2 child), up to Genting and Camerons(full family) been to Port Dickson twice(for work! and leisure with family) and will be making a trip to lumut at the end of the month.

I have to say the Rondo is a pretty good and comfortable car and has enough power to pull the entire car weight with 2 adults and 2 kids and a 'so called trunk' full of stuffs. Been up to genting and camerons... no issues there.

If you are looking for a 7 seater just check it out. I definitely recommend this if your budget falls below RM90k.

http://www.nazakia.com.my/minivanssuvs/rondo/rondo-gallery-interior
















Pretty darn good looking too if you ask me...:)

The only issue that I have with the car now is the dimming of headlights when the air cond starts up. It is very visible at night when you are stationary and parked in the porch. Somehow the drag of the air cond must be very high, thus causing a voltage dip in the car.

There seem to be only 2 options to fix the issue... change the new alternator which is bigger(I am not nuts, car is still under warranty so I ain't moving this route), rewiring the headlights directly to the battery(thinkable, easy to mod, but again warranty unless I can do a bloody good job and hide almost everything) and last increase the EARTH wire(easiest to do).

Being a lazy person I will start by doing the earth wire, I will customize my own as I like to be tidy as most of the shelf wiring kits are longer then necessary and makes the engine bay looks like a rat's nest. So I headed down to my favorite place in KL and bought these items.















Negative Battery terminal RM24
Ground terminals to suit 4 wires RM24
Then a bit of discount from the shop owner as he knows me... -RM3
So all in RM45

Next we will look for the cables... ain't gonna use amplifier or car audio cables(unless I really have too). Makes the whole thing looks cheap. You just have to hang on to the post to see what I will use...:)

Continue this weekend or maybe earlier...

No comments:

Post a Comment