Saturday, May 29, 2010

RONDO's outstation fuel consumption.... 9.2l/100km

Recently I took my family to Pangkor Island for a 4 day getaway. Needed the break after a long and tiring 1 and 1/2 quarter in 2010. I took the opportunity to test the RONDO's fuel consumption, the trip to Pangkor from Mutiara Damansara was roughly 240km with 130km on the north-south highway and the remaining 110km on smaller rural roads from Bidor to Lumut. Speed limit was kept at 110km/h on the highways and around 70 - 90km/h on the rural roads. There were some traffic on the rural roads but most of the time it was pretty clear. Only managed to overtake a handful of cars and lorries, so it should not affect the fuel consumption too much.

Upon reaching McDonalds just before Lumut Terminal(roughly 10 mins away) the RONDO's trip meter read :-














A pretty impressive 9.2l/100km. For a car that has a 2.0 liter engine and a weight of 1.6T without cargo, i think it is pretty impressive. So I could actually make a round trip without filling up(fuel tank is 55 liters).

Oh yeah, on the top right corner is my trusty Nokia 5800 with NOKIA MAPS(now free with latest firmware and also includes voice navigation). Pretty accurate but runs the battery dry really fast. I was on full charge before I left the house and by the time I reached Lumut ferry terminal it was almost dead with 1 bar left. Guess I should have charged it in the car all the way.

So that's it folks... hopefully by the next RONDO related post you will see it doing BELOW 9l/100km. I have a trip coming up in June to Malacca, hopefully by then the mods will be in.

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Bro,
    Just asking about your rondo rim replacement to 17". Do you change your 'Steering Gearbox' as per stated in Rondo manual? Mine got that statement in manual says that we need to change 'Steering Gearbox' if we change to 17 inch rim (EX model). Any comments on that?

    ReplyDelete